[pure-silver] Re: Thinking of moving back to film

  • From: Bob Younger <ryounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 04:04:08 -0700

Mark,

I've had several 8x10s including a near mint Deardorff that I loved;
multiple 4x5s including an absolutely wonderful Linhof Technica (I still
highly recommend that). The Cedar Fire (2003) took care of all of that.
Afterwards I replaced it all with an Ebony 8x10 w/ asymmetric swings and
tilts. I have never looked back. It is a marvelous camera; well designed
and incredibly well made. I know many stores have Ebony 4x5s in stock
(Badger Graphics comes to mind). You'll probably have to order an 8x10. You
don't need the version made from ebony (it's also much heavier).

My two cents (though you'll spend much more than that for most anything
mentioned in this thread).

Bob Younger