[pure-silver] Re: TMAX grain - developer modification?

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:13:00 -0400 (EDT)

From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: TMAX grain - developer modification?
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:10:38 -0500

> A while ago, the developers of Xtol (who are no longer with Kodak
> anymore), evaluated the "new" kodak films for a magazine article.
> According to them, the tri-x from the new plant is finer grained then
> TMY, which fits your experience.  I can dig up the article if you want
> me to.

I think you are referring to Dickerson and Zawadzki's article
published on Photo Techniques. It's also found on their web site. Full
reference info and possibly direct links to the article was discussed
in the old pure silver several times since its publication.

I don't comment on graininess comparison, but T-MAX 400 is still
sharper than Tri-X in average contrast.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."