[pure-silver] Re: Suggestions needed from the real experts here

  • From: Russ Gorman <rusty57@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:58:18 -0700

For D-76 I believe the standard adjustment would be found by dividing your normal development time by 1.4 for each stop of overexposure.

(for example, if your normal dev time is 14 minutes for EI 400, use 10 minute for EI 200, use 7 min. 9 sec. for EI 100 etc.)

Perhaps others can weigh in and verify this as, my mind is fuzzy today as well.

Personally I avoid straight D-76 and prefer it 1:1, especially in the case of overexposure.

On Jun 21, 2006, at 5:12 PM, Mark Blackwell wrote:

Well today was just one of those days. Working today with some Tri X pro 400TX and was working with studio lights and a Minolta Flash Meter. Well somedays you just wake up dumb and today was one of them.

Yep was working with 2 cameras one set at ASA 100 while the Tri X is 400. Want to guess which ASA the flash meter was set on and the really smart one today forgot to switch when switching cameras.

Yep it looks like the Tri X got about a 2 stop over exposure. At least it will dense rather than thin negs. I thinking of cutting the development time down to compensate. Any recommendations on how much to cut it and if the explaination isn't too deep in chemistry Id appreciate it. I plan on using D 76 either straight or 1 to 1.

Thanks for all the help

Mark

Russ Gorman Photography Portland Oregon <http://www.russgormanphotography.com>