[pure-silver] Re: Skin tones

  • From: Lee Carmichael <click76112@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:01:43 -0500

At 05:55 PM 8/25/2006, you wrote:

On 26/08/06, Justin F. Knotzke <<mailto:jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Delta 100 souped in XTOL 1:1 or D76..

   I generally use Kentmere FB.

Thanks Justin.

Do you have any scanned examples of skin tones online showing your preferred combination of Delta100+XTOL ?

regards
Peter

HI Peter,

I don't look at skin tones as a function of film and developer. I see it as a format issue. The bigger the format the nicer the skin tones. I happen to like what Efke PL100 and Ilford's FP4 developed in Pyrocat HD. I like what the developer does with this these films wrt tonal issues. I dont shoot anything smaller than 4x5 so take that into consideration.

lee\c