[pure-silver] Re: Rodinal

  • From: Gerald Koch <gerald.koch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:06:12 -0800 (PST)

You don't don't need to convert to the hydrochloride salt.  It is often
mentioned as a starting point because it is more stable than the free base.
Agfa used the free base when they made Rodinal.  There is a very long thread on
makeing Rodinal on APUG.  The relation between the weights can be obtained from
the following equation.

PAP base + HCl --> PAP.HCl
MW 109     36.5         145.5

Jerry