[pure-silver] Re: Rodinal

  • From: Gerald Koch <gerald.koch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 17:07:59 -0800 (PST)

As I mentioned Rodinal Special is a conventional developer containing
hydroquinone and a phenidone derivaive.  It is slightly yellow and somewhat
syrupy as 1 liter of the concentrate conrains 400 ml of triethanolamine.  It
contains no other developing agents according to the label.  It is a fine grain
developer due to the action of the TEA as a silver halide solvent.  A formula
based on the MSDS was given on a German website a few years ago.

Jerry