[pure-silver] Rodinal

  • From: richard lahrson <gtripspud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:48:25 -0800

Hi,
I just mixed up a liter of Rodinal type developer from Photograper's
Formulary (Paraminophenol Fil Developer) which has
been dropped from their catalog.  The kit uses Potassium
Hydroxide and requires some care in keeping the temperature
under 60 F when adding the water to dilute, it becomes hot.
Probably why it was dropped.
      The mixing went smooth but I miss picking a bottle of Rodinal
off the shelf.   Anchell's Film Developer Cookbook uses Sodium
Hydroxide instead, so I'll use that next time.
      I put it in two pint bottles.  Is there any advantage in refrigerating
one of them?  Rodinal keeps rather well, and I used distilled, boiled
water.

Rich