[pure-silver] Re: 'Ripening' procedure for developer?

  • From: Alfonso Gorostiza <arrillaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 09:17:17 +0200

Hi, all,

When I make ID-11 or D-76, I mix the powder into 45-50ºC water and
then keep the solution in the darkroom one or two days to get working
temperature of 20ºC.

I think this cooling-down period is acting as curing time as well.

My ?0,02.

Cheers

Alfonso

h> I have heard it be said that, for optimum and consistent performance,
h> developers should 'ripen' or 'cure' 12-18 hours after preparation. It seems
h> this entails just being contained in the flask coming to room temp and
h> beyond. Is there a photo-chemist out there who could comment on this
h> procedure?
h> Thanks,
h> Harry.