[pure-silver] Re: 'Ripening' procedure for developer?

  • From: "mail1" <mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 10:45:12 -0700

Do you mean 24 grams to 4 liters of H2O for an 8% solution?
A 2% solution will also work.
Also you might consider leaving out the Hydroquinone and increasing the
Metol to 5 to 7.5 Grams. In Metol Hydroquinone developers of low alkalinity
most of the silver reduction is accomplished by Metol, as the Hydroquinone
is a weakly ionized and almost inactive under these conditions, the increase
of Metol makes up for the Hydroquinone. Aeration of Metol Hydroquinone
developers, pH 8.4 to 8.8 causes an increase in activity, but low alkalinity
Metol developers show almost no change in activity. You also can reduce
Sodium Sulfite from 100 grams/liter to 75 or 50 grams to improve acutance.

Jonathan Ayers [mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]