[pure-silver] Re: 'Ripening' procedure for developer?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 12:05:06 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 11:22 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: 'Ripening' procedure for developer?

The circular that comes from PF for divided D-76 lists 60g of borax per liter. I haven't weighed what comes in the kit, but I do recall that the
4-liter kit seemed to have a pretty big bag of borax.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/

Note that the alkaline bath used in two bath development should contain enough sulfite to prevent staining. I don't think too much is needed, perhaps 15 grams per liter.

---