[pure-silver] Re: Practical print sizes

  • From: <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:47:14 -0700

There are a lot of reasons to go above 8x10.  Size does have an impact.  A 4x6 inch print of the grand canyon may have wonderful detail and you would be able to get real close to the print.  It isn't going to have the same impact as a print that is 4x6 feet.  There size of the print would work to help portray the vastness of the place.  In that context, size is a part of the artistic process.

Some portraits are enhanced by a larger size and most portrait photographers want larger prints because larger prints bring more revenue than small ones.  Same with art galleries.  Nothing wrong with making money, but too big sometimes works against you.  Bigger is not always better, but its not always bad either.