[pure-silver] Re: Portfolio suggestions

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:36:24 +0800

Dear Loud Adrienne,

     Well, you said it....BTW I loved your defense of your rights to take
pictures. I shall use the same tactic if ever confronted here in Western
Australia.

    Now as to the Hazel Leaf 2005 Whole Plate Folio ( Formerly the Hazel
Leaf  2005 calendar until I realised that I don't care a toss whether people
know what date it is - the calendar idea was just an excuse to make
pictures. Now I am going to just make pictures.) all you have to do is send
me your postal address and I will send you a Folio when they are printed.
They will be composed of what I consider my best images for 2004. I am
currently trying to run down a manufacturer of cardboard slipcases or other
cheap-but-fancy presentation cases that will take an 8 x 10 size.

     IN RETURN for this folio you must faithfully promise to send me an
example of what you consider to be YOUR best work for 2004. Last year when I
ran this exchange a great number of people sent very carefully crafted
images in various formats. There were prints on all sorts of media, books,
and even stationery cards. I  assembled them into a mini-exhibition at my
studio.

     I promise not to pass your work off as my own and sell it at a fabulous
price to greedy publishers unless they actually offer me a great deal of
money and then I shall have a crisis of conscience.

    Uncle Dick