[pure-silver] Re: Portfolio suggestions

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:45:08 -0400

<quote who=Stein date=29/10/2004 23:10/>

> PS: I never present my picture work for approval. They get what I give 'em
> and are grateful that it is no worse.

    Hell Uncle,

    Thanks for your reply. As I said in my other email, this is my first
portfolio learning to know what the client wants or doesn't want is
likely very important. At this stage in the game, I have 7 images that I
think are worthy of a portfolio and maybe 3 more that I can put in. I've
been told it's better to show 7 of your best then 10 with 3 not being
too great.

    My work will be presented to magazines, newspapers, websites etc.
It's heavy on photojournalism. Lots of people I know use digital
portfolios with Flash etc but I am always worried about if the screens
are calibrated etc plus a print always looks better. Some of my work is
colour but if I can, I shoot B&W.

    I have my eyes on: http://www.nabookarts.com/portfolio10.html I am
just waiting to see how much this will cost.

    Again, thanks for your input.

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca