[pure-silver] Re: Opinion Please!

  • From: Tom Kershaw <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 01:55:45 +0000

Richard,

There have been some very long discussions on APUG as to whether the formula given in Anchell is equivalent to Microdol and how it relates to Microdol-X. I can't remember the conclusion or whether there was one but it might be worth searching on there.

www.apug.org

Tom

richard lahrson wrote:

Hi, just read a few paragraphs in Anchell' Darkroom Cookbook about Microdol. He gives a mix to approximately equal it by using the D-23 plus salt. The Metol is reduced to 5 grams/liter, 100gr sulfite and 30gr sodium chloride. It's unpublished from Kodak. Best, Rich

On Nov 20, 2009 3:49 PM, "Eric Nelson" <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

After speaking to Kodak today, pxp can be run in microdol w/little speed loss as their tests showed it to lose very little speed. It just isn't suited for rotary processing. On that note, if you do use microdol, you may want to stock up on it. Soon. ________________________________ From: BOB KISS <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>