[pure-silver] Re: Opinion Please!

  • From: richard lahrson <gtripspud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:05:27 -0800

Hi Elias,

     Kodak recommends Xtol for Tmax films.  I had to quit using Metol.  Skin
irritant.  Xtol's great. easy to mix. keeps great.  I use it for tri-x 35mm
& Bergger200 5x7s in trays.
                         Best. Rich

On Nov 19, 2009 8:36 PM, "Elias Roustom" <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A lot of suggestions for TMY.
Well I wasn't considering anything besides HP5+ or Tri-X because I thought
either would work well in my D76. I was trying to go from the developer to
the film.
My reasoning to stick with D76 is because it's good stuff at a great price,
easy to get, and keeps a long time.
Is TMax going to work well in D76? Or am I going to lose the advantage of
the special emulsion, and it'll just look like Tri-X?

Elias