[pure-silver] Re: Old Paper Developer Question

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:07:50 +0100

From: pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Sweet
Sent: maandag 18 februari 2008 23:12
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Old Paper Developer Question

Thanks to everyone for those helpful replies.

It looks as if amidol will be more trouble than it is worth. Chlorohydroquinone
seems ideal, if any can be found at a reasonable price (and perhaps it needs
hazmats shipping).
Might glycin be the next best option?

Regards
Don Sweet

..Don,

Glycin is also expensive and unstable. It also has a limited shelflive. I
believe that chlorhydroquinone was used by Kodak as a benchmark as a absolute
fog free developer. Peopl on APUG claim to have obtained remarkebale results on
old paper with it.

And you could also use chlorhydroquinone as a developing agent on TechPan for
some weird effects..;-)..

See http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Yurow/yurow.html

And also my little articele in one of the issues of Judy Seigal's PF Journal,

Best,

Cor