[pure-silver] Re: Old Paper Developer Question

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:22:21 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bogdan Karasek" <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 8:42 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Old Paper Developer Question

Hello Richard,

Thanks for giving me a starting point. I had absolutely no idea of where to start with the Benzotriazole; I would have been thrashing around in the dark. Now I have a lead. Thanks.

Would Potassium Bromide be an acceptable Bromide? I just happen to have some.

I just checked Amazon.com for the book by Grant Haist. Two volumes are mentioned: Monobath Manual (available) and Modern Photographic Processing, Wiley Series (unavailable). Are you referring to one of the above?

regards,
Bogdan

BTW, _The Monobath Manual_ is also worth having. Haist covers monobaths in his later book also but the original has material that isn't in the second book. Monobaths are interesting and can produce very high quality negatives but the developer/fixer bath must be tailored to the particular film and won't work with every film.

---