[pure-silver] Re: Off topic, Spot meter problem

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:43:36 -0700 (PDT)

WD-40 works wonders on electrical contacts.

Once I had an older TV in for repair and mentioned that when I turned the
volume knob (see it WAS old!) it made a scratchy noise through the speaker.
Repair guy told me to squirt some WD in there, I did, and no more problem.

Same thing happened with a high end analog radio tuner I have.  I don't know
what exactly I squirted the WD onto, but it was something making electrical
contact inside the unit when I opened it up and moved when I turned the dial.
Turned it on and problem was fixed.

Recently had a  pull switch in the darkroom go "bad" and when I couldn't find a
replacement in the house, I did squirted some WD in there and now it works
fine.  One doesn't need to use a lot.