[pure-silver] Re: OT-- chroma list

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:23:37 +0800

MessageDear Dave,

     Today's posting on the Pure Silver - Chroma list concerns enormous good
fortune with a sting in the tail.

     I bought a cubic yard of Jobo tanks from a eBay sale last month. They are
the 2500 series and were used to run B/W processing in a Sydney commercial lab.
I guess most of them were used in the rotation mode, but 3 seem to have been
set on end and used as deep dip tanks or washers. Hard to say, but the end
result on the roataion ones has been a silvery-black deposit on the interior of
all the components while the vertical ones have a spectacular encrustation of
old fixer on the outside.

    I have wiped most of the silvery gunk from the tanks but wondered if minute
residues will affect their use in a C 41 process. Any ideas, people?

    And as for the fixer crud - I think the tanks will be fine if I can get it
off. Will conventional acids like hydrochloric or sulphuric do it or do I need
to go more exotic?

     Uncle Dick