[pure-silver] Re: OT-- chroma list

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:50:19 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 4:00 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: OT-- chroma list

Dear Richard,

At the risk of straying too far off topic and alerting the Relevancy Police, I must tell you that you may be on the wrong track. Tooth brushing is much overrated. Actually it has fallen from favour with the profession. It may be dangerous. Oh, let's be brutally honest - no normal red-blooded man who considers himself a patriot would be caught dead brushing his teeth.

This may surprise you, but remember that the leaders of many of the world's political trouble spots are tooth brushers. Some of them have multiple toothbrushes. Electric toothbrushes, and you can ask yourself just who has been sacrificed to generate that electricity. Can you bring yourself to contribute to this?

I do my part. I see people - people much like yourself - who come into the surgery with the tell-tale traces of toothpaste on their lips. The odour of mouthwash....( Oh they think they can disguise it with a joint or a shot of cheap liquor but you can always smell the chlorhexidine gluconate. You try not to sneer but I mean, really....) It is both sad and a real condemnation of our society. I put it down to the pushers, and Colgate.

As I say I do my part. I pull as many of the offending teeth out by the roots as I can, and break off the rest and stitch over the gums. This is not as easy as it sounds, particularly if they have just come in for a scale and clean, or are babes in arms, or confined to wheelchairs and waiting at the local bus stop, but if you are fast and exhibit a positive manner it can be done. And then there is no need for brushing and the danger is past.

When can we see you in the surgery? Wednesday good for you?

    Uncle Dick

Actually, I brush my GUMS. I use the Armstrong method, which conserves electricity bu can make you eat more (its fatigueing).
I will be glad to see you in your surgery provided you supply free transportation (better than business class) and reaonsble lodgings. Also, once you have fixed up my teeth I would like to test their attractiveness on a couple of Aussie girls. Actually, a couple of middle-aged ones who have held together well would do quite well.
I have discovered, via a very good dental hygienist (and not bad looking either) that all the stuff we got taught about tooth brushing technique is booshwah, mostly it doesn't matter.
I do have a couple of electric toothbrushes. One was given me by a friend, the other I bought a long time ago off my periodontist. I think he is planning to lay in a line of toasters and coffee makers to go with them.

---