[pure-silver] Re: Newbie Bulk Loader mistake

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:00:03 -0700

At 05:27 PM 9/24/2004, Dave Schneider wrote:

>Jim,
>
>Are you concerned about any chemical contamination from the electrical
>tape? I was thinking of any outgassing of the vinyl or something. I
>don't know, it just seemed like s surprise that you would use electrical
>tape. I have always used a good quality paper masking tape.
>
>Dave Schneider

Jeez no. I've used if for donkey years with absolutely no problems. We're
talking about a 2" piece tightly wrapped inside a coil of film. Any
out-gassing, if it actually happened, would be confined to the first turn
of the film, which isn't long enough to actually get photographed upon.

And in all of those years, I have never seen any evidence that seemed
unexplainable. Everything was/is absolutely normal.

I've tried other types of tape, but they've always caused problems. Like
coming off when you wind past the last frame and the wind mechanism pulls
at the tape, and the tape comes off. Don't use masking tape. Cloth tape
works but is thick. Plastic electrical tape just works. It's thin and strong.

MHO,

Jim