[pure-silver] Re: Newbie Bulk Loader mistake

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:31:10 -0400

<quote who=Eric Maquiling date=[040924 12:30]/>

> 1.  with bulk film load closed, there should be a little film sticking
> out

  Check.

> 2.  tape the end of that film to the inside spool of a 35mm cassette.

  Hmm. Do you physically tape the spool to the film? I was wrapping the end of
the film around the spool, and then taping film to itself. So the tape never
actually touches the reel (minus the sides of the reel).

> There should be sprockets so that the film catches.  Is that what you
> mean that is loose?

   Not loose, but slips. It's as if the film doesn't "catch". The reel spins
but the film never gets pulled inside.

   You know, now that I think about it, my problem must be 2). I'm not taping
the film to the reel but wrapping the film around the reel and taping the
ends.

   If that's the problem, then I bet a box of empty film canisters that there
are a bunch of you with large grins on your faces. ;-)

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca