[pure-silver] Re: New Years Resolutions - Photographic

  • From: "richard l. gifford" <rlgif@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:38:53 -0600

David Starr wrote:

> I'm not gloating, but..........
>
> Kids grown & out on their own, retiring on Feb 1.
>
> LOTS of camera & darkroom time!!!   :-)

I had always heard that if there's anything you want to
get done, you better do it before retirement.  Now I
can speak from experience.  And I was semi retired for
about 5 years, so I had lots of practice.  There is no
big void to fill, there is only the ongoing attempt at
organizing so you can fit it all into the schedule.
One big advantage, no wasted photo trips, I can pack
the big camera along with something else that interests
me, and let the weather or good fortune decide which
activity is the best use of my time.  It's the little
things that come with age, like no more reason to
exhibit common sense, and for instance I find myself
now looking at canoes.  YMMV, but be forewarned, you
will figure out that this is not a dress rehearsal, and
you will be the kid that interferes with darkroom time,
and you will still start real late at night.  At least
I do, always under the mistaken impression that I am
not borrowing time from tomorrow.

Regards and best wishes in retirement...  Dick Gifford