[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Discontinuing All Black and White Paper

  • From: "Jim MacKenzie" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:35:11 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "DarkroomMagic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PureSilverNew" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:17 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Kodak Discontinuing All Black and White Paper

> If people would print more, we would be in this mess.

I'm quite worried that black and white photography (silver-based at least)
will become such an art form that the materials won't be easily available at
all.  Since any output of digital photography isn't truly archival, this
would be sad news indeed.

I plan to keep up black and white, and frankly still intend to build my own
darkroom (I have good access to one in the meantime).  I mix most of my own
chemistry from scratch, and buy lots of Ilford and Agfa paper and lots of
Ilford, Kodak and Efke film.  Let's just hope that there are enough of us
around to keep those companies in business.

Jim