[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Discontinuing All Black and White Paper

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:41:38 -0400

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 10:36, Philippe Gauthier wrote:

> I was talking about the local market, what the majority of people have
> access to. I know about this store in Toronto and yes, they do mail order.
> It's convenient, but still more expensive and not as convenient as being
> able to buy in a local store. There was a time when a lot of papers were
> available here. They no longer are and it's a net loss.

        While I miss well stocked stores I think in some ways things are
better.
Lots of the unusual or at least less common stuff isn't going to be a big
mover. A local store might have had it on the shelf for months/years. Mail
order hopefully allows a big enough customer base that people will get
fresher product. J&C brought in 70mm Efke film because people asked for it. I
doubt if any local store no matter how well stocked could have done that.

        Nick