[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Discontinuing All Black and White Paper

  • From: "Chuck ." <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:15:33 +0000

Kodak Announces Discontinuance of KODAK PROFESSIONAL Black & White Papers

June 15, 2005
Due to the significant declines in market usage of papers designed for
Black-and-White printing, Kodak is discontinuing the manufacture of all
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Black & White Papers.

Believe it or not I actually see this as a good thing.  Once Ole Yellow gets
out of the way other companies that actually care about the market EG Ilford
and Agfa will have one less major competitor and they will be in a better
position than before.

I grew up using Kodak Products.  In the area where I live it was almost
impossible to get anything that did not come in the yellow box.  To find
Ilford or Agfa products you had to drive a hundred miles to the next fair
sized city...

For Kodak this has to be one of the dumbest moves in their history but they
have had a good many foibles over the years so it iis not surprising.

I wonder what percentage of the B&W Paper market they held.  I wish I had
bought stock in Ilford and Agfa yesterday!

Speedy