[pure-silver] Re: Jobo Processor advice

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:46:20 -0400

How is the living deep down in the earth? It must be a mighty deep hole
where this baths are standing... I'm too lazy to google the formula for
height/pressure dependencies, but to get more than 1.6bar air pressure
(according to my steam table, this is the pressure where water boils at
110deg Celcius) it must be pretty deep under the earth (or under water).

Ah... key word here is THERMOSTAT.  It can be set anywhere you wish over
100C but the water stays at the boiling point until completely boiled away.
I just set the temp control at anything over boiling and it does the trick.

These waterbaths should more properly be termed liquid baths as they can
also be filled with mineral oil and maintained well above 100C (no practical
use in photography though).  As an aside, about once every 6 months I set it
at about +45C to gently heat up my ethylene glycol to disolve ascorbic acid
and phenidone in it for my solution A.  Usually, though, it remains at +37C
for micobiology use.

JB

Grüße aus Hohenlohe,

  Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski                         E-Mail: Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx|
|                        Netzwerke und Multimedia                     |
| Voice: +49 7946/940790                         Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4            74626 Bretzfeld Germany |