[pure-silver] Re: Jobo Processor advice

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:13:06 -0400

  Dear Friends,

       In the Spirit of Spring, I have cleaned and reearranged the darkroom.
This is roughly akin to my late mother moving the piano around the house every
April, though the piano generally was not coated with dried fixer. Just dried
tears

  <snip>

  Unk:

  We in the microbiology trade frequently and historically wrestle (sp?) with
this same problem in our waterbaths.  I have no Jobo and am not familiar with
it's capabilities and this probably won't work for material purposes, but....

  We turn up the thermostat to 110C once a week on Fridays and boil the
contents for 15-20 minutes, returning it to normal and letting the bath cool
overnight. These baths are, however, stainless steel and made for this kind of
abuse.  Keeps the water clean though (you can run off a dozen or so boiled eggs
for breakfast at the same time).

  JB