[pure-silver] Re: Developing a film pack of Ansco Superpan Press film

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 18:55:57 -0700

Pack film is v-e-r-y thin and will not work in film hangers. You can develop
the sheets in a tray, moving the bottom sheet to the top, and continue on...
You won't have to worry about scratching the sheets as you move them since pack
film is so thin and limber, the corners aren't sharp/stiff enough to scratch
the other sheets. I've developed a bazillion sheets of pack film this way in
D-76. It was many years afterward before my fingernails returned to pink.

Jim

Jim Brick
Sunnyvale, CA
http://www.photomojo.org/vip.swf