[pure-silver] Can Someone Refresh My Memory Please?

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:50:12 -0500

When developing a print if we increase time but stop agitating,
what densities will continue to develop and where will the developer
exhaust first and cease to work.

I cannot for the life of me remember which way it works: Whether
the highights exhaust and the darker values continue to develop
or vice versa.

Another way to say this:  If I want to *increase* contrast by making the
shadows darker and "holding back" the highlights how to I do this when
developing a print?

Bonus Question:  Is there are similar/complementary effect when doing this
                 to film?