[pure-silver] Re: Angry Monologue aginst Deception in the Sensitized Material Industry

  • From: "Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 08:20:00 -0700

Dennis Purdy wrote:

On Apr 3, 2008, at 08:02, Dana H. Myers wrote:

Dennis Purdy wrote:
My problem recently and still to some degree is that all the FreeStyle products were changing and then they added a couple more lines in Edu and Edu Ultra. Not to mention Freestyle classic. As I was trying to keep up with what is what and doing some research on switching papers I would buy a small pack and then hear it had changed and so my test was not trustworthy and I had to test again.

Do the Freestyle products come with datasheets?

Dana

That is a good thought and I should have checked them to see if they matched or changed. My data sheets go pretty quickly into the paper recycling. But now you mention that I think I will make a collection of them.

My point is - if a product doesn't come with a datasheet, if there's
no public specification of what the product _is_, you don't know what it
is.  I know that's it difficult to really understand how a film/paper
works just from reading the datasheet, and that's why test the actual
product, but, if there isn't a datasheet, there is likely no real
control over the characteristics of the product.

Going with a name-brand product that is well-specified will cost
more, but you know what you're getting.  You get what you pay for.

As for Ray's frustration with not knowing *what* a new product is,
I don't know what to say.  There's nothing deceptive about selling
a product as long as the product performs as claimed; if the claims
made for the product are not comprehensive, you have to expect
variation.

Dana

Dana