[pure-silver] Re: Angry Monologue aginst Deception in the Sensitized Material Industry

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 07:39:31 -0700

My problem recently and still to some degree is that all the FreeStyle products were changing and then they added a couple more lines in Edu and Edu Ultra. Not to mention Freestyle classic. As I was trying to keep up with what is what and doing some research on switching papers I would buy a small pack and then hear it had changed and so my test was not trustworthy and I had to test again. I have since given up on the other Freestyle products.. the edu film and paper and edu ultra film and paper, though the sheet film price is very tempting. I guess for myself I will stick with Kodak. At least I am pretty sure what I have except of course I don't know if I still like TMY or not but I have a couple hundred sheets of 8x10 old tmy in the freezer and glad of it.

Dennis
On Apr 3, 2008, at 03:29, Ray Rogers wrote:

As an afternote,

I should add I am comming to this problem more from the perspective of historian rather than
photographer.

It is frustrating from that angle too.

Anyway, I am sorry for the number of typing and spelling errors in my last posts... I haven't slept in a while and even as I type I am falling in and out of... awareness.

Ray

--- Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I have a film I liked, I might try out new films to see if I still preferred my standard.
If you you then repackage the film I like and put ot up for sale...
I will buy it thinking it is something new.

(My opinion of the "NEW" film at that point is irrelavent; I may notice that they behave the
same
or I might miss it totally, that doesn't matter here.)

What matters is the fact that you would have successfully tricked me into buying something I
would
not have bought, had I had access to the truth.

In my way of looking at it, you would have lied, deceived and essentially stollen from me.

OK, yes...
As far as quality products go, My Favorite could be made by the guy formerly known as Prince on
pebble formerly known as Pluto for all I care.

The specific "Who What Where" is not the issue... CONCIELING the "Who, What Where" is the issue.

It is not what's under the wool I am angry about... it is the wool itself.

I am in no need of not knowing who makes my film.

Do you know people who actually NEED not to know?

Ray

--- "Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ray Rogers wrote:

I would just like to be able to know EXACTLY WHAT it is I am buying.

Suppose you buy a film that is well-specified, with detailed
sensitometric graphs, development charts, etc.  The product
works as advertised and you're happy with it.  What does it
matter where it's made as long as it consistently performs
according to spec?  The "what you're buying" *is* determined
by the specification.

Dana

_______________________________________________________________________ _____________ You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.