[pure-silver] Re: Angry Monologue aginst Deception in the Sensitized Material Industry

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 03:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

As an afternote,

I should add I am comming to this problem more from the perspective of
historian rather than

It is frustrating from that angle too.

Anyway, I am sorry for the number of typing and spelling errors in my last
posts... I haven't
slept in a while and even as I type I am falling in and out of... awareness.

--- Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I have a film I liked, I might try out new films to see if I still
> preferred my standard.
> If you you then repackage the film I like and put ot up for sale...
> I will buy it thinking it is something new.
> (My opinion of the "NEW" film at that point is irrelavent; I may notice that
> they behave the
> same
> or I might miss it totally, that doesn't matter here.)
> What matters is the fact that you would have successfully tricked me into
> buying something I
> would
> not have bought, had I had access to the truth.
> In my way of looking at it, you would have lied, deceived and essentially
> stollen from me.
> OK, yes...
> As far as quality products go, My Favorite could be made by the guy formerly
> known as Prince on
> pebble formerly known as Pluto for all I care.
> The specific "Who What Where" is not the issue... CONCIELING the "Who, What
> Where" is the issue.
> It is not what's under the wool I am angry about... it is the wool itself.
> I am in no need of not knowing who makes my film.
> Do you know people who actually NEED not to know?
> Ray
> --- "Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ray Rogers wrote:
> >
> > > I would just like to be able to know EXACTLY WHAT it is I am buying.
> >
> > Suppose you buy a film that is well-specified, with detailed
> > sensitometric graphs, development charts, etc.  The product
> > works as advertised and you're happy with it.  What does it
> > matter where it's made as long as it consistently performs
> > according to spec?  The "what you're buying" *is* determined
> > by the specification.
> >
> > Dana

Access, No Cost.