[projectaon] Re: Dawn of the Jewelled Mace

  • From: John TFS <johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:18:26 +0000

I never used the Psychic Ring's CS Bonus because I never knew about it.
Currently, the only way you find out about Ring's bonus is if you happen to
fight the dragon with the Ring and do not have the Sommerswerd, which is kind
of a rare occurrence.  I think there should be a footnote added that to the
chapter(s) where you find the Ring which says "unless otherwise noted. the
Psychic Ring gives you a +8 CS in all combats."  For the battle with Kimah if
you only have the Psychic Ring, there could be a note that "Kimah's statistics
already reflect the use of the Ring.  For this combat do not add a further +8
to your CS."

Also, in Book 15 and following, the combat bonuses of the Strength spell (+5
CS, temp +5 EP) are only specified if you happen to fight a specific monster.
Since you get those bonuses by casting that spell, it seems that this should be
noted within the spell's description.