[projectaon] Re: Dawn of the Jewelled Mace

  • From: John TFS <johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:10:35 +0000

Per the Silver Helmet, I assume that it's magical and applies to all combats,
because a the normal Helmet (and other armors) only add to EP.  By wearing
magical armors, you are effectively using/wielding them.  Magical weapons, on
the other hand, need to be wielded.

For my part, when I battle Roark's ghost, I use the Sommerswerd's bonuses,
including double damage to undead.  The Sommerswerd was fully effective against
the Cener ghosts on the Isle of Ghosts.  Roark, though powerful, is still
essentially a Cener ghost so the "swerd" affects him.  Also, I assume that the
battle is not simply psychic in nature and that LW is deploying any magical
weapons he might have, which would include the Jewelled Mace or Sommerswerd.

BTW, on a different topic.  The Psychic Ring gives a +8 CS bonus when used to
fight a big dragon monster in The Cauldron of Fear.  Does it continue to give
that same +8 bonus against other things except in specific cases (the psychic
demons in Book 11, the Death Orb in book 9)?

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:05:08 +0100
Subject: [projectaon] Re: Dawn of the Jewelled Mace
From: feline1973@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes but does 'use' just mean 'wield', or does it also mean 'benefit from the
enchanted properties of'...? :)
(I would tend to suspect it does, but I can see a case for arguing it doesn't -
see also my silver helmet's offputting power on Altan the archer in Kingdoms of
Terror :)