RE: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <chris.hofstader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:17:39 -0400

The best OS is the one with which you can best do your job.  For some this
means GNU/Linux platforms, others choose Macintosh and, for a large number
of reasons, most elect to use Windows.

If you are someone who likes to tinker, GNU/Linux systems kick ass as you
get all of the source.  If you just want to read email, look at web pages,
write letters and maybe keep your checkbook balanced, then Windows, because
it' has the best accessibility tools , becomes the system of choice.
Macintosh is catching up with more and more applications talking very nicely
with VoiceOver but they are still fairly pricey.

cdh

From: "Daniel Dalton" <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> If Linux would be as good as Windows for what I need, I would happily
>> pass to Linux, because I need to make programs for this OS anyway.
>
> If everyone had that aditude nothing would improve...
> It will improve over time and I'm sure more and more people will switch.

And I'll probably be one of them when Linux will be better.

Octavian

http://www.eset.com