Re: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:49:11 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Punit Diwan wrote:

       I  must say that Linux is better than Windows.  First I get Linux
free of cost. Every thing can be done with command line so its accessible as
well.  Its security is rock solid.  Linux Developers don't suck money from
users pocket. Many vendors like Dell started shipping Linux.

I agree... Its very secure and accessible from the cli...
Also graphical accessibility is coming a long...

   I do agree that as far as  User Friendliness is concerned, Windows is
much higher but for we tech savvy people, it should not be a big problem.

Yes, but for a sited person they can just use a gui quite easily... Its not that hard to use, but yes maybe a little more complicated than windows.

If Ms keeps its policies as it is, there will huge merge from Windows to
Linux in next five years. This is what I feel.

I would hope so.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/