Re: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: "Punit Diwan" <punitdiwan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:28:46 -0500

Hi Jim & other Members,
        I  must say that Linux is better than Windows.  First I get Linux
free of cost. Every thing can be done with command line so its accessible as
well.  Its security is rock solid.  Linux Developers don't suck money from
users pocket. Many vendors like Dell started shipping Linux.
    I do agree that as far as  User Friendliness is concerned, Windows is
much higher but for we tech savvy people, it should not be a big problem.
If Ms keeps its policies as it is, there will huge merge from Windows to
Linux in next five years. This is what I feel.
Regards
Punit Diwan

From: "Daniel Dalton" <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> If Linux would be as good as Windows for what I need, I would happily
>> pass to Linux, because I need to make programs for this OS anyway.
>
> If everyone had that aditude nothing would improve...
> It will improve over time and I'm sure more and more people will switch.

And I'll probably be one of them when Linux will be better.

Octavian