Re: C# express

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 08:26:02 -0400

OK, first thing is that when you highlight the app type, console Application, in the Templates ListView you should tab to the Name TextBox and give your project a name, then tab to the ok button and hit enter. Ya, you either need the JAWS Scripts or you need to work in Windoweyes which works ok out of the box. You also have to set the IDE up for accessibility for a Screen Reader or you will get noplace. that might be half your problem, not having the IDE set up for accessibility and not having the JAWS Scripts installed. The IDE is pretty much unusable by JAWS without using the scripts and setting it up for accessibility so that is your next task. Find out the process of downloading and installing the scripts and when done post up for more details on setting the IDE up. I use Windoweyes but most of the setup is the same and my experience might help you get things working well enough to ask the JAWS guys for more indepth details if you need them. Also, I use Vb.net but the IDE is pretty much the same for all the Express Language modules. The first and most helpful process is making your work environment, the IDE, accessible using your screen reader. I think the JAWS Scripts are on Inthane's website someplace so post a message on list asking where they are and how to download and install them to find out more since I don't need them with Windoweyes.

Rick USA

----- Original Message ----- From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>