Re: C# express

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 05:39:15 -0400

Hi: I am working in VB.net 2008 but 2005 IDEs are almost identical for the Express Modules. here is the process: Open the IDE and you should be in the Start Page. Tabbing around you will hear a couple of buttons and several DropDown lists. and a ListView where your project names will appear after you create them. Later, after you create a project or two, In that Listview you will be able to click on a project to open it to work on but it might be empty if you have not created a project yet. Anyway, bring up the File Menu and click New Project.TheNew Project Dialog Window comes up. Tabbing around this window you should hear a ListView or other ListBox where the templates are held, a TextBox labeled Name where you can type or ReName any of the templates you highlight with the cursor, The OK and Cancel Buttons, and a LargeIcons Button. Now I am running VB.net 2008 but the IDEs are almost identical to the 2005 version. Your list of templates might be a little diferent but in vb.net 2008 the templates are: Windows Forms Application,Class Library, WPF Application,WPF Browser Application, Console Application andSearch Online. You want to tab to the ListView and then use the left right up and down cursor keys to move around inside this box to highlight the entry for Console Application.Then tab to the name box which will likely be something like ConsoleApplication1 and change it to a name of your choice. Finally tab to the OK button and click it to create the project.

Rick USA

----- Original Message ----- From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx> To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:16 AM
Subject: C# express

Greetings all --
Ok, I have read parts of the C# documentation and a tutorial and am trying
to get C# express to build the example in the tutorial I am in, but the GUI
is not behaving like it says in the docs.  It's strange, but parts of the
tutorial refer to C# express 2005, and I have 2008, but splashed through the tutorial are ads for downloading C# 2010. The tutorial has a link to a page
that supposedly contains all the samples in the documentation, so I went
there, but IE locked up.

I just have one question: I run C# express and get the main window, then
select "new" from the file menu to create a new project -- so far so good.
The instructions then claim I can select a template from a template list,
but I am not in a template list; I appear to be in a search window.  So I
type ConsoleApplication to find that template. It finds 2 matches, but does not bring up code -- it takes me to a help file. I close the documentation window and I'm back where I started -- no template, no code, and no place to
name my project.

So this is a GUI question rather than a programming question: How do I get
this software to work?
Thanx!
--le