C# express

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 00:16:11 -0500

Greetings all --
Ok, I have read parts of the C# documentation and a tutorial and am trying
to get C# express to build the example in the tutorial I am in, but the GUI
is not behaving like it says in the docs.  It's strange, but parts of the
tutorial refer to C# express 2005, and I have 2008, but splashed through the
tutorial are ads for downloading C# 2010.  The tutorial has a link to a page
that supposedly contains all the samples in the documentation, so I went
there, but IE locked up.

I just have one question: I run C# express and get the main window, then
select "new" from the file menu to create a new project -- so far so good.
The instructions then claim I can select a template from a template list,
but I am not in a template list; I appear to be in a search window.  So I
type ConsoleApplication to find that template.  It finds 2 matches, but does
not bring up code -- it takes me to a help file.  I close the documentation
window and I'm back where I started -- no template, no code, and no place to
name my project.

So this is a GUI question rather than a programming question:  How do I get
this software to work?
Thanx!
--le