Re: A real newbee

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 15:42:44 -0400

I actually have deleted most of my demo projects. I only have a rather large and complex Investing application in VB.net on my machine. It would not help you as it uses a Sql Server CE Database and stuff like a background operation, Webpage Downloading and parsing and some complicated Dataset stuff. It is also a bit cryptic since I wrote it over the past 5 or 6 years, actually including it's inception in Liberty basic, some of the code is almost 10 years old now. It has been converted from Liberty Basic to VB.net, from VB.net to C# then to VB.net again to VWD and now back to VB.net. I would not recommend anyone trying to use it as a decent example of working in VB.net. It has allot of tweaks, modifications to some of the Microsoft Auto-Generated code and I don't think it would even run on your machine without some changes. Anyway, the article will walk you through building a project with a couple of forms and describe the files in the project. If you can get through that book, booklet or whatever it is, you will be ready to start your own project with new technicals. See you on the flip side Howard.

Rick USA.