Re: [PCWorks] IP Addresses

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 08:19:16 -0500

Of course they say it's "not their problem", that's what ISP's
ALWAYS say.  But the fact is; if you've never had this problem
before, and it only started when you or they changed ISP's,
that only leaves one possible reason--them.

What about the software questions I asked?  And if your ISP had
you change anything on your PC?

I'm not sure why you'd have to open any ports.  And I've never
seen a modem that needed a user and pass, unless it's a combo
modem/router.  I've never had to do anything with any of my
routers I've ever used.  Once you change the login info (and
yes, you can do that), they've always been immediately ready to
use.  I've never seen a router that wouldn't allow you to
change the login info, they most always the same login by
default (I THINK something like "admin" for the user but I
can't remember the password).  But then again I've never gotten
a router from an ISP.  But I would still think it could be
changed; also I've never seen a router that didn't have a
"reset" button which is supposed to clear everything, including
the current login data.

If you can find out (or if anyone knows) the ports being used
by this radio website and the media players, you can test the
ports.  Try https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 then you have
to click the "Proceed" button on that page.  You can click "All
Service Ports" where it will scan the first 1056 TCP ports (and
I'm not sure why they call it '"ALL" Service Ports'), to see if
any are blocked.  Or you can type the port number in the text
box then below that to the left click either "Custom port
probe" or to the right "Port info".  (Those are the alt tags
text for the links).  Note that if you click the Info only
link, it's just that.  But if you click the Probe link, it will
test the port and give you the info about the port.  Also note
that after clicking any link on that page and you click the
<Back button to do back to it, it gives that annoying "Page has
expired" thing every time and you have to Refresh the page to
do another probe or info check.

I'm curious what happens when you try other radio sites, does
this happen with ANY audio or the audio files just at that one
website?  Do you know if the media players open IMMEDIATELY
and just won't play immediately, or is there a delay in the
PLAYERS themselves opening up?
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner