Re: [PCWorks] IP Addresses

  • From: Tom <tjd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 14:13:44 -0400

Clint,

My ISP has no idea why I'm having this streaming problem.
They have me go to youtube and try listening to something
there, and of course, it works and therefore, they say it's
not their problem. I try to explain that youtube uses an
internal player and not a player like Media Player but I
don't think they really understand what I'm saying and maybe
they don't even believe I know what I'm talking about. I
can't convince them the problem just started when they
switched from using Verizon DSL to value.net.

I think I'll try resetting my modem/router and start all over
again. Only problem is that I have to open the FTP ports, a
couple streaming ports, port 13 for nistime, and a few
others. Not a problem, just an inconvenience.

I have a DSL modem I got from this ISP several years ago but
I think it has my user name and password hard coded into it.
There's no way to access the settings, or so they told meback
when I got it.
Maybe I'll play with it a bit.

Oh well, it gives my brain something to try to figure out.

Tom

** Your Message **