Re: [PCWorks] Lease Obtained

  • From: Ben Moore <bgml46@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 09:20:56 -0400

Hi Clint,

Actually it does.  It was part of a previous conversation when he was
reading router logs.
It seems to me that Tom said that he can get the streams working if he keeps
trying.  That may not be correct since I haven't paid a lot of attention to
this until yesterday.  And I think it didn't happen until he changed his
router.

I've asked him to review for us the things he's doing and trying to do
again.  I know I could go to the archives and read back through the posts
but I think it might be good to stop and review here.   I'm not at all sure
it's his choice of media player that is the problem.

Ben

From: "Tom"

OK, I should have searched before asking. I had no idea I
leased my IP address for only a certain length of time. Guess
this explains why when I leave my modem/router on over night
I see one drop and reconnect.

Tom