-=PCTechTalk=- Re: software question

  • From: dsw32952 <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 00:33:11 -0400

Yes.  No.  Maybe.

If you purchased retail versions then probably yes since most licenses
permit transfer to a different computer as long as it is uninstallled or
removed from the other.  I think a dead computer would qualify as "removed".

If you have an OEM version (typically a "light" or SE edition of
something like EasyCD Creator or Nero Burning) on its own install disk,
that came with your computer, maybe.  Read the license to be sure.

If the software installs during installation (or recovery) of your OS,
then probably no.

Don

cristy wrote:
> If this computer should "die" then can I legally install all my softwares I
> have bought to my new computer?  I wondered how that would work.
>
> christy

in the Subject.