-=PCTechTalk=- Re: microsoft office 2007 digital certificates?

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:53:00 -0500

Ahhh, that's the ticket.  If it is always the first one you click on, no
matter which one you click on first, then it is the website trying to
validate you.  Unfortunately as far as I can tell doing google searches, all
fixes for that are in the website server setup.  There are tons of sites
telling how to fix the website setup, but I haven't seen one fix for the
browsers.

So, the big question is:  Are they doing that on purpose?  I doubt it since
the list of certificates is blank.  All google results where they say the
list is blank seem to be asking how to make that go away.  Maybe you can get
some extra credit for letting them know there is a fix for that, but the fix
depends on what server software they are using.  I am getting great results
searching google for "website you want to view requests identification", but
they should add the server software name like IIS, Apache, etc.

BTW, the following website says that IE shows that message, Safari doesn't
show that page at all, but Firefox and Google Chrome show it without
prompts.  It's a little scary that Apple Safari users can't see the page at
all.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/205244/ie-choose-a-digital-certificate-fr
om-a-blank-empty-list

Ed