-=PCTechTalk=- Re: freelist

  • From: "Linda F. Johnson" <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:51:32 -0400

Nobody told the users of incredimail to change, Darryl.  People were
just saying that they are deleting the mail cuz they can't read it becuz
of the garbage in it....personally, I just wade thru the garbage and
find the text...it's really not THAT hard

But, the easiest solution for EVERYONE is to send their mail in plain
text  (not just incredimail users...this happens in my own freelists
group when people are using Outlook html mail...it's not incredimail,
it's the html that freelists' server can't interpret)

And don't be so hard on freelists....Yahoo's servers are obviously more
sophisticated than freelists....cuz Yahoo's got the big bucks and
freelists doesn't.....which makes freelists even more impressive, in my
opinion....if you are still in any other yahoo groups, I'm sure you must
see members constantly complaining that they aren't getting mail or that
yahoogroups keeps bouncing their posts.....don't you think it's nice
that freelists doesn't do this and cares when we have
problems?....unfortunately, freelists is made up of volunteers....its
not big business like yahoo, so we have to make some compromises....like
we settle for a little less sophistication in the servers, but get MUCH
more reliability in the service

Linda
Publisher ~ ABC ~ All 'Bout Computers
Owner ~ Linda's Computer Stop