-=PCTechTalk=- Re: backup pictures?

  • From: "~OoO~" <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 01:11:49 -0500

The one I am currently using for photos is ThumbsPlus. The dup file finder
analysis the image. If I have two of the same pictures, and one is modified, it
will find it. However, it has the ability to modify the tolerance level... from
1 to 200, with 1 being pretty much identical with no changes, and 200 being
very lax, sometimes detecting 2 images as being the same but they would be off
by like an arm or leg in a slightly different position.

When I am looking for EXACT files, be it photos, music, video or ANY type of
file, I use Duplicate File Finder. This one hashes the files and will find two
identical files, regardless of the name of the file. The name and date is the
only thing it ignores. Everything else is checked for an identical match. This
program, IMO, is quite fast. Not lightening speed, but fast as compared to
others I've tried.

Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX