-=PCTechTalk=- Re: backup pictures?

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 00:32:56 -0500

If you use a backup utility it will set the archive bit on the file when it
backs it up.  That is how it knows not to backup the file again.  The
archive bit is automatically reset anytime the file is edited.

You can batch rename your files to include a date such as
ORIGINAL_FILENAME.jpg to ORIGINAL_FILENAME_oct_05.jpg.  Irfanview and
several other utilities will do this.

Don